My Sister Ruth showed me these Korker's and I just had to try to make them and guess what? It worked I like making them here is a Tutorial if you like to to try them. They are in fashion this summer so join in the fun. I like making the thin ones, the more bushy the better what do you think?
* 100% Polyester Ribbon
* Clothespins (the small type work well)
* Wooden dowels, cut to fit in the oven
* Fray check
* Thread and Needle
* Hot Glue Gun
* Alligator Barrette Clip
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Use a clothespin to hold one end of your ribbon on the dowel and begin to wrap the ribbon. Once you reach the end of the dowel, cut the ribbon and use another clothespin to hold it in place.
3. Place the wrapped dowel on a baking sheet. Make sure it is clean since you won't want grease transferring to your ribbon. You can also put a sheet of aluminum foil on the sheet to make sure the ribbon stays clean.
4. Put the baking sheet in the over and "bake." My oven takes 10 minutes. However, you may want to start with 20, make sure the ribbon isn't browning. Once the ribbon seems universally hot and set, take the baking sheet out of the oven and allow to cool.
5. Pull the cooled ribbon off the dowel. You should now have a coiled strand.
6.Cut the ribbon into 3-inch lengths and apply fray check to the ends.
7. Thread the needle and knot the end. Run the needle through the center of each ribbon segment until you have the number you want threaded.Once you have threaded all the ribbon segments, run the needle back through and pull it tight.
8.# The next step is to cover the barrette clip. Hot glue the ribbon to the barrette starting with the inside and wrapping your way around.
9. Next tie your korker bow to the top of the barrette. Because my daughter can be rough on the barrettes, I also add a bit of hot glue to secure the bow.
10- WAL-LA You are done! That was easy..
Until next time stay Shabby Chic.
PS. Sis don't worry you will be receiving the supplies to make your own and my nieces can join the fun this summer also. Hugs N Kisses!!!
A Playful Dinner for Two
44 minutes ago