march

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why it's called the "Present"... (each day is our gift, live it to the fullest.)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Ready To Move In

Well we have been in the process of finishing our new home now we are starting to furnish little by little. I've got only some ideas of what I want my home to have but I'm still in the process of figuring out how I will make everything flow.

This is the preview of my kitchen knobs I got for the cabinets, my cabinets are white and I saw these spoons,forks and knives (are not shown, the knives are for drawers) as knobs and I decided to buy them I think they are cute. This is just a preview of my kitchen knobs, later I'll be posting pictures of the process and the finished result.




The process of building from scratch is a big headache especially when your not an interior decorator and your now what colors you want but you don't know what colors match. So far so good I think, there are a couple of mistakes but it's inevitable when your not trained as a color expert and designer. I just go with what I like and think looks good. Down below is the picture of the cabinet I bought for my daughters bathroom from IKEA (goes above the sink).


In this picture I have the men from IKEA installing our closets, I was going for a birch color but then I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go for white, these are for 5 rooms for our walk in closets. They just installed the corners (not completed in the picture) and this coming Monday they will install the rest so it's not finished yet I will post pictures of the finished result also later on. Oh behind is the bed and side tables (they are still covered since I need one more coat of paint) I bought for my youngest son, boys are much more simple to shop for, my son likes simplicity if you compare it to the bedroom set I want to buy my daughter below.



This is what it looks like but remember still needs more.



Yesterday I also stopped by a furniture store I love to go to and browse and dream about their furniture in my home. I saw this adorable bedroom, Im thinking of saving up and buying it for my youngest daughter Maitha which is 8 yrs old Im just so sure she would love it. It's quite expensive so I think it will take a while one of the pictures is blurry sorry for that. There is also that seat in front that looks quite nice but I wonder if it's placed in your home it must be for decoration purposes imagine sitting with friends in one of those you wouldn't be able to have a conversation or maybe it's for a hotel lobby not sure but it sure is nice, even just to complete your decor.




Ruth



4 comments:

  1. Sis, This is nice stuff you out did your self, about the bed no worries I will get Maitha her bed, not so expensive here will see how I take it ok, do not buy it. I like the seats in front of the bed that is nice, go back and take another pic for me ok, I like that style.

    Hugs,

    Your Sis Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dream that would be to start from scratch. Alot of work, but a dream come true! You are a lucky lady!! Will you be creating any type of a craft area for yourself?

    I came to your blog today to introduce myself. My name is Sherry and I'm a new Bloggerette Sorority Sister. I am a newbie to the blog world. I have been blogging for about 3 weeks! so I missed the Rush, but I am looking forward to joining in on the fun in the future! I would love it if you would come visit me at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there!

    Take Care~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you adopt me and buy me a bedroom set EXACTLY like this?
    Are you kidding? SHE WILL LOVE IT! OMG!
    It is our dream to build our "forever" home someday. Not sure if it will ever happen, but we can surely dream!
    Love this!
    Have a great weekend! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    wat a very very lovly romantic,
    Master bedroom.


    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete